Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone looked at what it would take to install one? I know the exhaust Is in the way. are there options to relocate it?

I have a motorcycle I want to tow occasionally and was wondering if it's an option I could work out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Owners manual says not to tow, but I have a 4-bike rack I wanted to carry on occasion so I got a class 1 hitch installed at U-Haul. $180 + $20 for the install + tax. Well worth it.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Yellow Bumper

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Wonder how that CURT hitch looks installed. Does it fit under the center exhaust?

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Curt hitch is identical to the U-Haul. It even has the same warning, hot sticker. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Curt manufactures it for U-Haul. Unless the Curt is significantly less than the U-Haul, $20 to install it is a real deal. If you schedule it on the U-Haul site, they give you $10 off the normal $30 install charge. The only other thing with the U-Haul is you have to pay tax. If you order the Curt over the Internet, you may be able to avoid sales tax.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Owners manual says not to tow, but I have a 4-bike rack I wanted to carry on occasion so I got a class 1 hitch installed at U-Haul. $180 + $20 for the install + tax. Well worth it.

View attachment 6557
Do you have the part number for this?

As I think the new one goes above the exhaust like the curt one which I don't like as you have to lift the number up to get the hitch in.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts