Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched, and have found a few pics, but unsure if its a pre production thing or not. My questions is if the ST will have a physical button for TC or not. In my titanium, you have to go through an entire process in the drivers information center just to turn it off. I know the ST will have a three mode (on,sport,off) system but was wondering how easy it will be to alternate between them. Any ideas?

·
Registered
20 Posts
ST has physical button. In addition to just being more handy, this is a legal requirement since Sport Mode and Full Off change or turn off the ESC calibration. On the titanium, the cluster menu selection is only turning off traction control (not esc/yaw). Single press on the ST button gives sport mode. Press and hold for 5 secs turns the system off. You can't go straight from Sport to Off. So if in sport and want off....Press once to go to full on and then press/hold to go to full off. A small price to pay for the feds/lawyers letting us have full off :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
i dont mind jumping through that hoop. Full off is AWESOME!! Maybe we can go sideways like that engineer did in that one video.

·
Registered
549 Posts
In this pic, there is a button that says ESC which is stability control. Is that the same thing as traction control or is there a button somewhere else? What is that button beside it. This is a prototype car.

stesc2.jpg

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah I was always mad my svt I had you couldn't fully turn off traction control.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Esc is stability control. Traction control just controls wheelspin. In glad there will be a physical button. My auto park is in that button location on my Ti, so i guess its a perfect spot since you can't get parking assist on ST. Thanks for the info!:D

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty sure its in the ecu. Tuners play with traction control and torque management all the time. It reads from wheel speed sensors, throttle position, and abs module.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts