Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have yellow sac spiders on my car everyday... webs across windshield and exterior, there is no way in hell it is anything else but... Car fuels very slow and shuts off after a buck or so, and now have a check engine light pertaining to evap leak.. hence clogged purge valve causing vapors to build up and cause fuel nozzle shutoff... leak is prob due to capless fill....I'll ask Ford to take pics.. but doubt they will... Look it up, Mazda had a similar issue that was so bad it became a safety recall.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have continually felt 'weird' about not having a fuel cap. Sure, it is convenient to just open the door and start filling, but it just feels alien to me. I also don't like that the fuel door doesn't lock. I haven't had a problem, but my last few cars had fuel doors that locked when the car was locked (and they had filler caps lol).

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer told me I had a clogged purge valve, but not clogged from spiders.. I'm wondering what clogged it.. I use nothing but 89 Octane top tier fuel... Anyway, they had to replace the whole fuel tank.. Claimed that the tank can weaken from too much pressure inside from failed ventilation, after all said and done... no cost to me but not having my car for 5 days.. all good though.. My father was kind enough to let me borrow his 12 MKZ... I gotta admit... I kinda don't want to give it back!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
picked it up yesterday... still won't take gas... so mad... now i gotta take it back... grrrr.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts