Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford just released a TSB today for MFT. Offers an upgrade to version 3.5.1. The upgrade requires a new navigation card (level A4). TSB: PDF link. I, personally, haven't been having any major issues with my MFT to warrant an update (that could break things/make things worse) so I won't be testing it nor will I be taking my vehicle to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have been having issues so I may have to give this update a try.

Sent from the jPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I wonder how many potential Ford customers like me are sitting on the sidelines watching the MFT debacle.
Me, for one. Whether or not Ford fixes MFT by the time I'm ready to buy will determine whether I'm buying an ST1 or ST3. Your move, Ford.

Every time I get on something PC related I want to stab myself in the eye with a spoon
Heh, that's funny, because that's exactly how I feel when I use an Apple product, lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ford just released a TSB today for MFT. Offers an upgrade to version 3.5.1. The upgrade requires a new navigation card (level A4). TSB: PDF link. I, personally, haven't been having any major issues with my MFT to warrant an update (that could break things/make things worse) so I won't be testing it nor will I be taking my vehicle to the dealer.
Good news .. unless I need to take it in to a dealership. Hate to waste a day for a software update that I can likely do myself.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Are these like Sync where I can download and update myself? Or would I have to take it into the dealer?

You usually can update yourself. So far, this isn't available to the public yet. If there is a new navigation card, it could take weeks to receive. It was like this the last major update in the spring. Some people had to take their vehicles to the dealership. I'm not sure the reasoning why some could download and others had to do it at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Once it is public does it just show up on the syncmyride site? I did not order Nav so I don't need the SD card.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Just follow the instructions on the post d TSB. I downloaded the update file to a USB stick and will do it tonight. I'll report back later.
I wouldn't do the update yet. I thought it says you need the new navigation card as well. I don't know if that would cause issues updating and using the old card.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I wouldn't do the update yet. I thought it says you need the new navigation card as well. I don't know if that would cause issues updating and using the old card.
If I don't have nav any reason not to update?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I just read in another thread a few people who have downloaded the update. Both said MFT is now noticeably faster and more responsive. The GPS Sync option on the clock has been removed, so maybe that will fix the clock issue some people have.

Edit: Both people have navigation, so it didn't affect anything not having the new nav card.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Anyone have a link to the update I can't find it on the sync site

·
Registered
417 Posts
Update done. It took about 40 minutes. I didn't really get much time to fiddle with it afterward but it seems a lot quicker. Reconnecting my iPod went without a hitch. The indexing seemed to go a TON quicker. So far I'm pleased. Will update again after I get some more time on it.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts