Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
My wife reports no skipping in the audio so far. Playing songs from the USB connected iPhone just fine. Don't know about any change to meta data yet (album art). I'll drive it tomorrow and report in.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I got a little more time on it today. The audio skip appears to be gone completely. Switching between audio sources is much quicker now. No apparent change to the album art problem though. Some show up, some don't, same as before the update. Phone syncing is much quicker. By the time I was able to get my belt on a hit the start button it had already connected to my phone, it used to take a lot longer than that. So far I can't see any problems with th update. I don't have a report on the climate control side as I don't really use that. I find the voice and on-screen controls for climate control to be cumbersome compared to the simple dash controls.

I haven't yet made a call with it nor tried texting with it (only being able to do that at a stop is annoying....always has been).

·
Registered
894 Posts
Has anyone with an ST3 installed this update yet? I'm totally new to the MFT system. What do they mean we need a "new" SD card? My car is likely to arrive within the week. If the dealer does the update right away, can the dealer simply use the SD card that is coming with the car, since it will be "new"?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got a little more time on it today. The audio skip appears to be gone completely. Switching between audio sources is much quicker now. No apparent change to the album art problem though. Some show up, some don't, same as before the update. Phone syncing is much quicker. By the time I was able to get my belt on a hit the start button it had already connected to my phone, it used to take a lot longer than that. So far I can't see any problems with th update. I don't have a report on the climate control side as I don't really use that. I find the voice and on-screen controls for climate control to be cumbersome compared to the simple dash controls.

I haven't yet made a call with it nor tried texting with it (only being able to do that at a stop is annoying....always has been).

Were you able to send a Vehicle Health Report before the update and can you send one after?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I tried the vehicle health report once. Honestly I'm not sure what the point of it was/is. It did mention I may have an orange stability light illuminated and that it was not an issue. I think the car logs you disabling stability control.

Sent from the jPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
630 Posts
Can anyone with navigation who has updated confirm our old (A3) navigation card still works? I'd rather not do the update if my navigation no longer works without having the new card (A4)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Has anyone with an ST3 installed this update yet? I'm totally new to the MFT system. What do they mean we need a "new" SD card? My car is likely to arrive within the week. If the dealer does the update right away, can the dealer simply use the SD card that is coming with the car, since it will be "new"?
I haven't installed the update yet. The navigation information is on an SD card. As of now, it seems not many service departments know about the latest MFT update yet. The update is only for people that are experiencing issues. I don't know if Ford is now using the latest update and new navigation card in the ST's they are building now.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I tried the vehicle health report once. Honestly I'm not sure what the point of it was/is. It did mention I may have an orange stability light illuminated and that it was not an issue. I think the car logs you disabling stability control.

Sent from the jPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not a fan of the information that gets reported so I never use that. I don't need vehicle information being collected by anyone.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The current production STs are coming with MFT version 3.2.2 and Nav Card A3. I wouldn't want to guess when the production cars will start coming with 3.5.1. If yours comes with an A4 card I think it would be safe to assume it has 3.5.1. Otherwise you will need an A4 card.

My dealer has ordered me an A4 card and it will be in tomorrow. I will hopefully be doing the update on my way to work Friday morning and will report back.

Can anyone with navigation who has updated confirm our old (A3) navigation card still works? I'd rather not do the update if my navigation no longer works without having the new card (A4)
I'd be surprised if the A3 card works with 3.5.1. The TSB is very clear that a new Nav card is needed. This is the same as it was when 3.0.2 came out - those cars with Nav needed a new card.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I contacted my dealer to order the A4 card as well, will be in tomorrow. I'll be going in for the update Friday, because ever since I had to do a reset (voice command issues), the temp display on the MFT screen has been stuck in Celsius.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sounds like a good upgrade :thumb:, but I think I may wait a few more weeks until the end of the month (taking a bit of vacation soon anyway) to see if there are any issues that pop up with 3.5.1 or if there is anything more learned about the rumor about a major MFT upgrade coming out. But I would really like to get those audio skips and pauses taken care of, it is the only issue I've noticed in these first 1800 miles.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I contacted the dealership yesterday. They were aware of the new update and navigation card. They won't just give me the card unfortunately. I have to bring my ST in to have the update installed as well. I'm now waiting for the new navigation card to come in.

·
Registered
894 Posts
My apologies if this has been asked and answered, but can you perform the update while the car is being driven? If I have a long trip planned, couldn't I do the update while on the road, so long as I didn't stop the car for 60 minutes? Or does the car have to be idling and stationary?

The reason I ask is that it seems like a very bad idea to keep an engine idling for 60 minutes. (But maybe that is just a TDI-specific "no no."). If that's the case, then the dealer should really agree to give you the A4 card, so you can perform the update while moving, and avoid harmful idling.

Thanks!

41 - 60 of 131 Posts