Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Got mine done by the dealership yesterday. The MFT seems fine, but now I have to turn the HVAC on every time I start the car...not sure if that's part of the update, but I don't like it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do any of you that installed the update yourself have the "Installation log file" or something similar? I made the mistake of deleting the folders and files on my flash drive before telling the synchmyride website that I updated and I dont feel like going through the update again.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Can you confirm or shuffle persists or does it still revert to alphabetical after shutdown.
Well, I set mine to shuffle and after about six stops and starts it is still on shuffle. Testing with a USB stick however. I don't have an Ipod.

Got mine done by the dealership yesterday. The MFT seems fine, but now I have to turn the HVAC on every time I start the car...not sure if that's part of the update, but I don't like it.
Mine doesn't do that.

Do any of you that installed the update yourself have the "Installation log file" or something similar? I made the mistake of deleting the folders and files on my flash drive before telling the synchmyride website that I updated and I dont feel like going through the update again.
I still have my installation USB stick as it came out of the car. I did the update on 11/9 but there are no files on it that are dated newer than 10/29. I wonder what syncmyride.com looks for on the USB stick to report a successful update.

Did anyone notice whether or not applink is supported on the new update?
I don't see any indication that it is now supported. Another feature they need to add.

It doesn't look like they added back the ability to customize the Favorites buttons on the SW either.

I also had another skip in the audio while playing music on the USB stick. So, not sure this has been fixed. At least I haven't had it not recognize my USB stick yet. That was becoming a really annoying issue before. I had four days in a row that it wouldn't recognize the drive. Master Reset wouldn't fix it but if I indexed it would be OK until turning off the car. The last two days before the update it was fine though.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
With the shuffle issue it always says its still on shuffle. However for large playlists it seems to start playing alphabetically. About how many songs in the playlist.

Sent from the jPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Update: I got into the MFT diagnostic screen, kinda fished through the info and messages, and re-calibrated the touch screen. Now, magically, the Climate Control works beautifully, just as it should. I don't think I did anything specifically to fix it, aside from maybe a soft reboot caused by coming back out of the diagnostic screen. So overall, great success, and I can say that the 3.5.1 update is worth the time it took.

FWIW, it's definitely something that your dealership should tackle, since they had to load a bunch of software (firmware?) from a laptop long before they actually did the USB upload described in the TSB. Took 2 hours for all the updates.

·
Registered
157 Posts
With the shuffle issue it always says its still on shuffle. However for large playlists it seems to start playing alphabetically. About how many songs in the playlist.
I was just playing albums but it was shuffling them. I'll try it tomorrow with all songs on my stick (about 1200).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Today I played my USB stick selecting all songs (1118) and shuffle. Through four stops and starts it stayed on shuffle so it seems OK.

I've also noticed that it always comes back on with the same audio source as when I shut it off. Previously it would frequently start on FM1 when it was on USB the last time I turned the car off or vice versa. Lots of times it would start on a radio frequency that didn't even have a station on it in my area let alone one of my presets.

So far it seems like a few things have been fixed. I did have a few more skips in the audio today though.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
So far it seems like a few things have been fixed. I did have a few more skips in the audio today though.
Bleh...I was hoping that would be fixed. Oh well, I guess since everything else is working fine for now I'll just wait for the next version to come out.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The audio skip is definitely less noticeable with the update, more of a slight dip in volume than the momentary cut-out it was before. Never bothered me either way, since I usually keep the volume toddler-friendly anyways.

·
Registered
894 Posts
My ST3 was built on 10.23, and it came with the update: 3.5.1 and an A4 card.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My ST3 was built on 10.23, and it came with the update: 3.5.1 and an A4 card.
The TSB for 3.5.1 was dated 11/5/2012 so they obviously got it in the production cars sooner. Mine was built 10/11 with 3.2.2.

3.5.1 is a bit of a disappointment for me. Four times since I did the upgrade I have turned the car off on FM, when started again it briefly started on FM, then started to index the USB stick, and proceeded to play all my music on the stick in alphabetical order. I don't understand why it has to keep re-indexing the stick when I don't take it out. Another Ford MFT fail IMO.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The TSB for 3.5.1 was dated 11/5/2012 so they obviously got it in the production cars sooner. Mine was built 10/11 with 3.2.2.

3.5.1 is a bit of a disappointment for me. Four times since I did the upgrade I have turned the car off on FM, when started again it briefly started on FM, then started to index the USB stick, and proceeded to play all my music on the stick in alphabetical order. I don't understand why it has to keep re-indexing the stick when I don't take it out. Another Ford MFT fail IMO.
Did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Did the update on my way home from work. Worked flawlessly and took about 45 minutes start to finish. Seems faster but haven't played around with it much. Ford's Sync My Ride site is currently down so unable to update my update on Ford's website.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Did you do it yourself?
Yes, I did. Between this car and my Titanium I have done three MFT updates. Install went fine. System shows it is at 12285 which is 3.5.1. I don't buy the part about the dealer having to do it with a laptop. There is nothing about that in the TSB.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts