Ford Focus ST Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have to take mine in Monday to get some factory paint defects fixed. Clump and a pit so I'll insist they update it while they have it.

Sent from the jPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well...mine works great and yours doesn't sooooo.......:confused:
True but my dealer upgraded my wife's 2012 Titanium to 3.5.1 and it is doing the same thing. When it first happened on my ST I thought about trying another brand/size of stick but the Titanium is using a different brand USB stick (SanDisk vs. PNY in my ST) and size (8GB vs. 16GB).

Do you play music from a USB stick or ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Went to my dealer today to get this update. They looked it up in the Oasis system and said it's not available for my car. I told them that many Ford Focus ST owners have already done this update he said they can't do it until it shows up in the system for my car... my car is 1 of the earlier ST2 does have a A3 card and earlier software.

Has anyone had this problem on trying to get the a4 navigation card?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Went to my dealer today to get this update. They looked it up in the Oasis system and said it's not available for my car. I told them that many Ford Focus ST owners have already done this update he said they can't do it until it shows up in the system for my car... my car is 1 of the earlier ST2 does have a A3 card and earlier software.

Has anyone had this problem on trying to get the a4 navigation card?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
They said the same thing last time I was there. I don't have nav but really want the update. I'm going in next Monday so I will try again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
87 Posts
They said the same thing last time I was there. I don't have nav but really want the update. I'm going in next Monday so I will try again.

I went in yesterday and they found this TSB so they are ordering the card for me. If you don't have nav, I don't believe you need the a4 card, so you can just do the update it if you don't mind doing it yourself. The link for the file download is in the PDF link for the TSB on the first page.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tuesday, I brought the issue up at the dealership and when they checked through the Oasis system they told me my VIN wasn't eligible! I returned to the dealer today (Wednesday) on another matter, and when my car was finished they told me they also upgraded the MFT and the NAV to A4!!!!! Guess I am all set to give it a workout and see how it performs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That is my opinion. If it is working fine, that is great. I think from Ford's perspective, at this time, only certain vehicles "need" the update to fix certain issues.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Tuesday, I brought the issue up at the dealership and when they checked through the Oasis system they told me my VIN wasn't eligible! I returned to the dealer today (Wednesday) on another matter, and when my car was finished they told me they also upgraded the MFT and the NAV to A4!!!!! Guess I am all set to give it a workout and see how it performs.
Thanks for the info, if you happen to go back anytime soon see if they told you how they got around the bottleneck, or if it just happened to appear in the system overnight.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'll be going into my local dealer with this thread printed out. Or at least the first part of it. My experience is that this moves the conversation from an argument of "I heard" to "Here's what people are saying" and they (usually) don't want you saying negative things about them on the same forum.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Same with me. First time I was there they said it didn't come up. Then the next time it was.

Also switched to an older nano and the shuffle seems to be persisting.

I noticed after the update that if I use the steering wheel shortcut button to go home it goes there buy then flashes the screen a second time. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Installed 3.5.1 from the pdf link last night. Went to the dealer today with the .pdf printed off and asked if the had the A4 cards in stock, was told "No". Then showed them the print off and that it was from fords sync website. Told them I had installed it and the nav wasn't working. The guy say "I'll see if I can work something out for you". Two minutes later I'm popping in the A4 card and driving away :)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
It's definitely better but still leaves bugs like shuffles not persistent and the skips. I ended up working around the shuffle issue by making sure my iPod is set to shuffle before plugging it in.

Sent from the jPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Just picked up the car tonight - for me and the way I use MFT, this is a huge upgrade. Much more responsive screen, faster indexing, I didn't have the single skip when playing from USB that I had previously, and switching songs is *way* faster. I used to give it my voice command, and it would go back to playing the previous song for a few seconds while it chewed on my request. I had initially thought it was my slow/large USB key, but after the upgrade, the switch over is instantaneous. And it's nice to just say "play <name of song/album>" rather than "play song/album <name of song/album>" So overall, I'm pretty happy. But I still need to tinker with the nav to see if that voice activation is less soul destroying.

Update - had to eject the nav card to "reset" the nav, as the system refused to accept any voice commands for it. Unfortunately, after reinserting, it's not much better. Still unforgivably slow, and still refuses to understand the word "Aurora." Where I live.

But, added bonus - the Bluetooth audio quality is vastly improved all across the speed range - up to 90mph and the person I was on the phone with said it was barely noticeable, as opposed to nearly unintelligible before.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am hoping for a new update (maybe with applink) because when I was trying to update to 3.5.1, it messed up in the middle and then I was unable to update after that. It would start trying and then say that I had already updated, but as far as I know, it was never finished. Anyone know how I can force an update somehow?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Maybe it's buried somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it. Does anyone have a changelog for 3.5.1? I know there are new voice commands (or I wouldn't have known to do what I described in my post above) but I can't remember where I found that information.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts