Ford Focus ST Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Did the Dealer have to do a factory reset on the MFT to get the update to take? I'm just curious since it will clear the radio stations and Sirius presets. I want to write them down before I take it in. Also if you put any wallpaper on the MFT does it reset that as well?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Did the Dealer have to do a factory reset on the MFT to get the update to take? I'm just curious since it will clear the radio stations and Sirius presets. I want to write them down before I take it in. Also if you put any wallpaper on the MFT does it reset that as well?
I think my presets stayed but my wallpapers were wiped and I had to re pair the phone.

Sent from the jPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well if its just wallpaper its not so bad. Since loading the wallpaper is quick.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I made the mistake of updating and my usb wireless device quit working. The keyboard to input the wep address will not work unless the key is all numbers. Also the a/c light on the climate control shows off and the one on the touch screen shows on. Go figure ford will break stuff that works to make other stuff work. I took it to the dealer and they tried replacing the apim to get back to earlier software but no such luck. Spoke to ford customer service and that was like talking to the wall they just told me it will be fixed in the next revision or maybe the 2020 version of the focus. They even put out ads with a web browser enabled mft but no such luck just bait and switch! But the car is Great!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place for this.. but I've got an Iphone 5 my car paired with it fine with my 3gs Iphone.. after getting the new Iphone I've had trouble ever since. I actually gave up.. I got my car on 12/26. It's an ST3. I don't understand if there is even a fix for this issue. Please help intraweb forum buddies.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place for this.. but I've got an Iphone 5 my car paired with it fine with my 3gs Iphone.. after getting the new Iphone I've had trouble ever since. I actually gave up.. I got my car on 12/26. It's an ST3. I don't understand if there is even a fix for this issue. Please help intraweb forum buddies.
You might need to be a little more specific if you want someone to potentially help you. I take it you can't get it to pair? But where is it failing? Can't find each other, tries to connect and then dies, etc.?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Took it in today as the passenger side front tweeter ate it yesterday. Should be in on Friday.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You might need to be a little more specific if you want someone to potentially help you. I take it you can't get it to pair? But where is it failing? Can't find each other, tries to connect and then dies, etc.?
Good point. Basically my Iphone 5 won't pair up with the MFT. I've read it something to do with the bluetooth but I still haven't found a cure for the issue. I looked at my current version of my MFT and I have the A4 nav card and 3.3 something version.

It won't pair and won't find the phone, sometimes it does find it but then it never syncs.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Make sure the settings on the Phone are on; i.e., Bluetooth, File sharing, etc..,
try this: on the MFT screen, click on Phone: go to settings; go to Bluetooth devices; delete any phone stored, then try pairing again.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just performed the upgrade from 3.5.1 to 3.6.2

It went very smoothly, was automated, and took approx 30 minutes. I had the same issue as reported by others regarding the slow download time, and the process appearing to hang at 38%. I let it run overnight. Now the screen is more responsive, and a visual 'quick help' screen pops up when I press the talk button on the steering wheel. It also fixed a problem with BT audio streaming quality from my Blackberry 9300. I'll be testing it more tomorrow as time permits.

-Prefect

121 - 131 of 131 Posts