Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the ST run with the catback and downpipe installed without a tune?

Also, my dealership said it is going to take a month to get the replacement motor mounts to fix the 1-2 bang. Should I wait to install the exhaust until the mounts get replaced to avoid warranty issues? (I'm worried about the warranty getting voided).

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not sure about the ST but I ran my previous SRT-4 with a downpipe & CB installed without a tune. Had no problems with it. I had more problems when I upgraded to the Mopar Stage 2 ECU than anything else. My guess would be no, but you wouldn't fully benefit from the additional power either since the stock tune, according to many posts I've read, adjusts to stay within it's power limits. I'm sure someone with more experience can chime in with a better explanation.

·
Registered
650 Posts
If you have planned work coming up, I'd wait on at least the downpipe. Cat-back exhausts should not affect anything, but it's really not worth it to give them a reason.

If the downpipe is catless then yes you need a tune or at least a MIL eliminator/defouler. If the downpipe is catted you do not, but there will be no power gain without a tune.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts