Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not boom really. I was driving down the highway and I started to hear a slight whistle under throttle. I thought nothing of it (thought it might be a loose charge pipe) however, by the time I got home the car sounded like it was making a Guinness world record attempt for loudest kazoo. Making no boost according to butt dyno and boost gauge. Checked the front charge tubes and everything was fine.

Decided then to take it to the dealer cause I couldn't get under it to check the rest of the charge piping. Took it in on Monday and the latest word is its the turbo that is shot. Don't have details more than that but I will ask to see the turbo when I go in next.

Bought the car in November and it only has 7xxx miles on it.
:eek:

·
Registered
778 Posts
That sucks. :(

Keep us updated. Hopefully you get your ST back all in perfect working order sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Was wondering wheather or not the car was tuned, and if so , which tune it was. I have a ton of confidence in my Cobb stock tune.

·
Registered
862 Posts
That's mostly what I'm wondering about too. Don't want to do a tune if there's a chance of an issue.
Let's hope it's just a loose chargepipe. From the sounds of it, it is very possible the turbo is fine. Good Luck!

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
So far, I don't think I've seen anything to suggest that the amount of boost being produced by the tunes currently available for the car is so high as to cause concern for the stock turbo. Both COBB and Torrie seem very aware of the limitations of the engine and have not pushed the limits. While they both provide boost more readily to the engine, the amount of boost is not crazy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So far, I don't think I've seen anything to suggest that the amount of boost being produced by the tunes currently available for the car is so high as to cause concern for the stock turbo. Both COBB and Torrie seem very aware of the limitations of the engine and have not pushed the limits. While they both provide boost more readily to the engine, the amount of boost is not crazy.
Yeah I don't think there is any real issue with the amount of boost being put out with the current tunes. I still think its the charge pipe at the turbo. I just couldn't/didn't have enough time to check it myself. What my Ford dealer is telling me could be coming out from lack of knowledge in the platform.

·
Registered
392 Posts
No need to jump to conclusions yet. Let's wait to see exactly what the issue is, what may have caused it, and what repairs are necessary.

Good luck.

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
LOL love how he changed his post yet the guy right below him quoted it hahaha ugh people and their abilities to not use logical thinking.

Either way I highly doubt the dealer is going to find that post, link it to his car and then tell him no warranty. Good luck getting your car fixed. Hope you get it back soon

1 - 20 of 49 Posts