Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I never knew metallics were so polarizing... I love tuxedo black. I think it's a gorgeous color up close and it really shines in the sun.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The regular focus also comes in tuxedo black so you can go look at it at a dealership. I thought it looked too much like a bowling ball when I looked at it. Where did you get the picture? Its a nice close up. I would like to see a similar close up of TS.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had a Tuxedo Black SE. The color shifts from black to a shiny silver/greyish black depending on the angle. I had a pure black Audi which was nice but I find the Tuxedo black to be visually more interesting.

·
Registered
617 Posts
My wife has a Fusion Hybrid in Tuxedo black. Its a gorgeous color when clean. But like most blacks, metallic or not, its impossible to keep clean. Looks great in direct sunlight and actually hides scratches fairly well due to so much flake in paint. In just too OCD about my rides to have a black car. Pain in the ass enough just keeping up with hers. Lol

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm... yeah maybe I shouldn't consider any kind of black. Damn I wish we had the orange tangerine scream.

My wife has a Fusion Hybrid in Tuxedo black. Its a gorgeous color when clean. But like most blacks, metallic or not, its impossible to keep clean. Looks great in direct sunlight and actually hides scratches fairly well due to so much flake in paint. In just too OCD about my rides to have a black car. Pain in the ass enough just keeping up with hers. Lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ordered Tux black on my ST but hate it! I must have a black car so I hope it will grow on me!
It will grow on you, until it gets dirty. Then you hate it. Then after you wash the car you'll be happy again. Definitely a love-hate relationship. I have a tuxedo black Focus and it's this way. I'd recommend a clear bra like 3M or something similar. The paint chips easily, at least on mine it does.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just washed and waxed mine today. From far away it looks like a traditional black. But when it's sunny and you're up close you can really see the metallic.
Wow, that's really reflective. Post more, please! A few shots of the whole car from different angles would be great :thumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts