Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the Performance Academy at Izod in NJ, we got to make a video of us racing in Key West. Here it is... :)

and another of my kids in the back seat. Thought it might be nice to get a different kind of review.
[video=facebook;3690375771298]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3690375771298[/video]

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Looks like you guys had a good time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve=2phun. Robin=my wife (Robin being legal name, Nicole being her middle name, Nickie being the nickname that she goes by). The two kids in the back seat are two random kids we found outside the Izod center. ;)

By the way, this car is a freakin blast to drive!

I'm embarrassed to say that I stalled it the first time I started off. The clutch catches very differently than on my MINI. I wasn't the only one though. Just about every other person stalled it the first time.

I did about 6 or 7 timed laps, but never actually got the car to its limit. It is VERY forgiving. When in a turn, I hardly noticed any understeer, and what was there was easily corrected by a slight lift on the throttle, which induced a very controllable oversteer. Midrange power is fabulous, with a smooth torque band from down low all the way through 5000 rpms. No noticeable lag to speak of.

Both the ST2 and ST3 Recaros are fabulous. Plenty of support and adjustability. They keep you well planted in the turns. As you can see in my kids' video, the ST3 rear seats obviously don't offer the same kind of lateral support, but they are still quite comfortable. Much moreso than those in my MINI or my wife's G6.

My wife has never been excited about any car she's ever owned, but she's excited about this one. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts