Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I were heading out to dinner last night I noticed a Fiesta ST in the used car section of the local Hyundia dealer.

Found it strange that a car that has only been out a few months would be for sale used on another brands lot. Wonder what it was traded in for?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Most likely could not afford the payments. I'm seeing that in a lot of places and have seen a few STs on CL lately due to that reason.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bought it in haste and found it a smidge too small for the family or other things in life happen too.. needed awd or 4x4 this winter ..

Funny story there was a guy in Austrailia I think is/was a mod on a different board and got his FiST early last Aug. modded it all out and ended up trading it in for a Audi a3 i think didn't even have it 6 months ... thing that make ya go hmmmmm

·
Registered
13 Posts
i wanna sell my 14 fiesta ST and it has 3000 on the odo. Its not a matter of affording payments for me, as i have a odd/special circumstance. Having this car in my "stable" is a waste as I will never use it for anything but getting groceries so I figure let it go to someone who will use the car for something fun.

·
Registered
368 Posts
C. Love find a local auto x group. Doesn't take much to get started. I recommend a nice set of summer tires to start with. After that if you really get into it suspension mods. No tune need for that and it will be one of the best things to get you around the course faster. Brake pad upgrades are a good idea also. I notice you in SD. If you in Rapid City or Sioux Falls area I wouldn't mind taking you for a spin in my Focus ST around the course.

Sent from my Galaxy S3.

·
Registered
13 Posts
C. Love find a local auto x group. Doesn't take much to get started. I recommend a nice set of summer tires to start with. After that if you really get into it suspension mods. No tune need for that and it will be one of the best things to get you around the course faster. Brake pad upgrades are a good idea also. I notice you in SD. If you in Rapid City or Sioux Falls area I wouldn't mind taking you for a spin in my Focus ST around the course.

Sent from my Galaxy S3.
Thats the problem. I am a drift guy not an autox guy. I can drive just not "the right way". Actually i know most of the autox guys here in RC and in Sioux falls you frequent one or the other more often?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I just found out about the RC guys who I plan on racing mostly with. I was able to get to one event in Sioux Falls last year. Didn't find out about them until the end of the season.

Sent from my Galaxy S3.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wanna sell the mustake and get something I can walk into the garage and think mmmm I love that!!! The mustang doesn't do that for me. As for the autox maybe. I may end up selling the fiesta to further finance my drift thing though. I love the fiesta but I probably will never do much to it except change oil and put gas in it so it has me thinking its a waste to be in my possession. If i still have it come summer I might see you at a few of the autox's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
doubtful lol. I have seen the TQ shoot up and everyone being super happy with the tunes just not for me. I am a hard to please cat. I don't imagine I will be spending much if any money on my fiesta. I thought wheels, intake, blah blah blah at one time but if I keep it I want reliability, ZERO quirks and most of all the money i would spend on this to be diverted to other waste of money car items. When you start modifying no matter how little the item is there IS a trade off. Whether that be simply having to use 91 or simply a noise, I don't want the hassle from a commuter. Thing is I got lucky and chanced into this car so I never got it with the intentions of it ever being much.

Am i not the most glum person you have ever seen on a forum about performance oriented cars lmao. i don't mean to be that way but over the many years of having and modifying cars I am pretty set in my ways. Even then I do like to see what everyone else does to their cars

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i wanna sell my 14 fiesta ST and it has 3000 on the odo. Its not a matter of affording payments for me, as i have a odd/special circumstance. Having this car in my "stable" is a waste as I will never use it for anything but getting groceries so I figure let it go to someone who will use the car for something fun.
I bought my Focus ST as a daily driver commuter car. It's a perfect combination of comfort, utility, performance and economy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts