Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to the Vancouver International Auto Show tomorrow. Lisa was kind enough to confirm that a Performance Blue ST will be there. Looking forward to finally seeing this car in the flesh, pictures and videos are cool, but there is nothing like touching a car. Having said that I will take some pics and video, lol.
I think I heard a Ford rep mention that the LED DRL's and Recaro's come standard in Canada?? Going to try and confirm if that's true or not. If that's true, it may well drive the base price too high? See what I can learn.

·
Registered
36 Posts
your lucky enough to get to see it in person ,, then we are waiting for the pictures and the video and feed back for this car ,, all the best :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is "Tangerine Scream" still available or has it been replaced with yellow that has been showing up lately on ST's and wasn't on the list of original optional colors?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is "Tangerine Scream" still available or has it been replaced with yellow that has been showing up lately on ST's and wasn't on the list of original optional colors?
Both colors are Tangerine Scream. The darker orange was the concept color, while the yellow-orange is the production version.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm sorry, but from what I've seen there is nothing orange about the new production color. Ford should be forced to call it what it is - Lemon Yellow.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
The orange scream ST was at the Central Illinois Auto Show last weekend; I begged and pleaded but they wouldn't let me get in it :(
That bites.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm sorry, but from what I've seen there is nothing orange about the new production color. Ford should be forced to call it what it is - Lemon Yellow.
Have you seen it in person? I have, and while I agree it's more yellow than orange (more than I'd like), it's definitely not pure "lemon" yellow.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Vancouver Auto Show was cool. As I got to the Ford booth, a Ford rep was talking about the ST and other Foci. Nothing really new or exciting, nothing you haven't seen before, but at least something else to look at while waiting. There is an interesting close up of a labeled engine, although it says 'flex fuel' on one part which makes me think it's not the ST motor? And it has a timing chain, not belt.
I didn't get to sit in it, forgot to ask, but the nice girl opened up the doors and I got a good look at the seats and interior without the glass in the way, then went and sat in a Titanium just to a get a feel for it.

My first impression of the car in the flesh was that it looks more aggressive in person. Very nice stance, and no photo or video does the performance blue justice, it really is a gorgeous color. If anything, the general styling of the car grew on me even more. There was a blue Titanium in the booth and at a casual glance they look very very similar which gives the ST a little bit of that 'sleeper' look. From the side and back this is the best looking 4-door hatchback period. I'm still not quite sure what to make of the straight-on front view, I like it, but it's not a knock-out look.
Speaking of gorgeous, enjoy the French Canadian Ford rep talking about the car in the following video. Watch in HD.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Szg3VcNjhLI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Great video. And yes she is VERY gorgeous. I found a similar experience at Cleveland. All of the Ford Reps were great looking (the girls.. :p).

I agree the Blue looks good in person, but CG or images do not do it justice.

If you were to sit in the ST, the FULL leather seats I sat in at Cleveland were very comfortable.

Thanks for posting! :thumb:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, it seems like Ford has a 'hiring policy'.....there were a bunch of reps in the booth, with many of them very attractive females. Having said that, it is a car show and who goes to car shows, 95% 'car guys'....so it makes sense. She was a great presenter, it was hard to 'Focus'....literally.
There was a lot of interest in the ST, I went back later and everybody was asking the same questions, how much and when is it available, I literally laughed out loud and then went over to the VW booth to check out the Golf R....too much money, not enough speed. Just watched a video where it's barely faster than a regular GTI.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Reactions: cessna

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
man I dunno
I do not like the design of the Golf R. Its just.... Reminds of a Toyota Matrix..

Just too generic. Not sporty enough. I don't see the value.
You're definitely right about it not being sporty enough, check out this video of the Golf R running with a GTI, granted AWD means heavier and more drivetrain power loss, but still....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GCfUFP4cgyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The DSG in GTI helped for sure. Definitely not worth $10,000 more, for what? Leather seats? I don't mind the styling of the R and GTI, a little boxy, certainly nowhere near the ST for me....but if the ST is overpriced or doesn't drive well, which I highly doubt will happen, I'd go with a GTI. Here is my walk-around vid of the R and GTI (2-dr).

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iM85uOG1XOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sure Golf R's AWD is a great feature for some road conditions, but most people are going have a hard time eating the $10,000 premium for a car not much faster than the GTI. Not that the R isn't the better car, it's just not enough better to justify that premium.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts