Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, this obviously isn't an ST review, but it can still be helpful in comparing the ST/VT (especially since Autoblog just posted an ST First Drive).

2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

If you don't feel like reading it, here's my little summary. Basically it's a nice car. There are some good standard features, it's fun, it gets great mileage, and it looks good. But (as pointed out in the last paragraph), it is in no way a GTI killer, so it's no ST either. It's great for someone who's looking for a cheap and sporty ride, while sipping fuel.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Just so we can keep this subforum limited to ST reviews only, I moved this thread to general discussion. :)

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Man id like to have a matte paint option on the ST. Matte black would look SICK.
I find that very surprising for such a conservative company like Hyundai... I can only recall one other car that comes with a matte option from the factory... the M3.

Although, do note that there is a TON of maintenence required for matte paint... as in, the second you get any bird crap/bugs on it they must be wiped off immediately, or at least that's the case with the M3. The VT might use another form of protection...

·
Registered
617 Posts
I find that very surprising for such a conservative company like Hyundai... I can only recall one other car that comes with a matte option from the factory... the M3.

Although, do note that there is a TON of maintenence required for matte paint... as in, the second you get any bird crap/bugs on it they must be wiped off immediately, or at least that's the case with the M3. The VT might use another form of protection...
Haha. Im like that anyway. OCD in the worst way about my vehicles paint and appearance. Id be ok with the extra maintenance.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah. And are Hyundai customers going to take care of a Veloster like an M3? I doubt it.
Noooope, but at least Hyundai is kind enough to provide people who pay $1000 for their paint with a special cleaning kit.

Are Hyundai customers going to pay $1000 for optional paint?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yeah. And are Hyundai customers going to take care of a Veloster like an M3? I doubt it.
i have seen plenty of $100k mercedes' that have never been cleaned inside or out. I all depends on the individual. I cringed everytime i saw a super nice ride roll into the shop and there was bird crap from 2 years ago still on it and the a snickers bar melted to the back seat. But my Civic was always spotless.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I know what you mean. My vdub is 5 years old but people at work that ride to lunch with me thought it was brand new. I like a clean car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I cringed everytime i saw a super nice ride roll into the shop and there was bird crap from 2 years ago still on it and the a snickers bar melted to the back seat
My dad has a brand new 2012 A5... you'd die if you saw it right now. There are spots in the paint where old bird crap was that I washed off :S

1 - 16 of 16 Posts