Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out our new video of a customer's 2013 Focus ST dynoing with our (still under development) CAI:

Dyno pull of a 2013 Ford Focus ST using Steeda Cold Air Intake without tune. Dyno pull using customer car. Steeda's cold air intake for the Focus ST will be available soon at: Ford Focus Performance | Ford Focus Cold Air Intakes | Ford Focus Short Shifters | Ford Focus Lowering Springs | Ford Focus Exhaust

·
Registered
76 Posts
Any ETA on when this will become available for sale? This is going to be my first mod after a RRM. Love the way the factory BPV sounds.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any ETA on when this will become available for sale? This is going to be my first mod after a RRM. Love the way the factory BPV sounds.
Unfortunately, I don't have any kind of ETA at this time.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Any torque numbers? Also interested in a drive by video and sound with hood closed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Brandon-
Not to highjack the thread, but can you comment on how Steeda's catalog of 2012 Focus mods work with the ST? For instance does the 2012 Focus short shifter work on the ST?

·
Registered
768 Posts
That sounds mean! I need to see dyno #'s before purchase, and if they're satisfying enough, you will have a new customer. Couple questions.

1) Is this on a stock motor?
2) To be considered a CAI, you need to draw in, obviously, cold air.....elaborate on this please
3) How preventative is it when it comes to absorbing any kind of water?
4) Will you offer a warranty if the motor hydrolocks?

OK....so more than a couple questions....but if you're elaborate enough, you will have a potential buyer here

·
Registered
218 Posts
That sounds mean! I need to see dyno #'s before purchase, and if they're satisfying enough, you will have a new customer. Couple questions.

2) To be considered a CAI, you need to draw in, obviously, cold air.....elaborate on this please

OK....so more than a couple questions....but if you're elaborate enough, you will have a potential buyer here
1) I'm going to say given the HP/Tq numbers after the run its a stock motor.
2/3) Its not a fender CAI like you would see on some vehicles. When the hood is shut the box is sealed off from the engine and pulls in cooler air from the fender on the side of the engine....Air not as cool as a fender kit, but you don't run the risk of sucking up water etc

disregard my comment regarding TQ numbers, I was on my phone and couldn't see the full dyno sheet. I'm quite interested as I have always enjoyed Steeda parts for my stang. I'm guessing way to early to tell about MPG improvements as well?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any torque numbers? Also interested in a drive by video and sound with hood closed.
Peak TQ gain was around 8-9 ft/lbs.

Holy crap that's a lot of engine movement!
The car currently has an upgraded Steeda rear mount actually. So you're seeing less flex than a stock car in this video.

Brandon-
Not to highjack the thread, but can you comment on how Steeda's catalog of 2012 Focus mods work with the ST? For instance does the 2012 Focus short shifter work on the ST?
It does not.

The dyno chart is towards the end of the video.

1) Yes.
2) It is indeed a cold air intake. The heat shield seals off to the hood (using CAD data from Ford) and pulls cold air from inside the fender, as well as taking advantage of the cars built in ram air system in the front grille. You'll only see about a 10 degree temp increase from the outside air for air intake engine temps. Thus, you're taking in 'cold air'.
3 & 4) The CAI is mounted in the same place as the OEM, so any risk of hydrolocking would be the same as OE (basically if you submerge the vehicle).

1) I'm going to say given the HP/Tq numbers after the run its a stock motor.
2/3) Its not a fender CAI like you would see on some vehicles. When the hood is shut the box is sealed off from the engine and pulls in cooler air from the fender on the side of the engine....Air not as cool as a fender kit, but you don't run the risk of sucking up water etc

disregard my comment regarding TQ numbers, I was on my phone and couldn't see the full dyno sheet. I'm quite interested as I have always enjoyed Steeda parts for my stang. I'm guessing way to early to tell about MPG improvements as well?
No MPG testing to report as of yet.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks for the reply Brandon. Maybe I missed it, but how much will this cost? And when will they be available?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the reply Brandon. Maybe I missed it, but how much will this cost? And when will they be available?
Unfortunately, I don't have any further information on cost or an ETA at this time.

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Anyone else notice what sounds like compressor surge at 1:15??? Weird that it occurs during the actual dyno pull though... Thoughts?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts