Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a VGI antenna 2 weeks ago and it arrived today. The product is amazing! The install was incredibly easy and literally took 10 minutes from start to finish. They take your color code and paint match the antenna and the finish is great.

Pic of the antenna
2012-11-26_16-50-36_217.jpg
Close up of the TS
2012-11-26_16-53-43_202.jpg
Antenna before...
2012-11-26_17-04-29_415.jpg
during...
2012-11-26_17-04-41_710.jpg
And AFTER!
2012-11-26_17-05-21_727.jpg

I'll get some better pictures tomorrow during the day, I just couldn't wait to get it installed.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is on my list of cheap, simple mods I'll most likely do first. It looks great! Maybe get a couple shots of the entire car with it? Also, can you comment on the reception of the radio now? Any drastic changes?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Man that looks great Steffen! Even better than I thought it would. Keep us updated on how it affects signal strengths.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It hasn't so far. I tend to listen to my Sirius more than anything but I'll be able to test the FM tomorrow on the way to work. VGI wants me to take some more pics of the whole car so I'll snag some tomorrow and post them up here. My dad loves it and thinks the car should've come with it from the factory and I 100% believe. It's the best $89 I've spent so far.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Besides the full car pics, I'm interested in how difficult (or easy) this was to install. Any special tools needed? Any chance this could scratch the paint?

·
Registered
207 Posts
It just sits over top of the "old" antenna. Fastened on by a 3M double-sided adhesive gasket. Can't get any simpler lol. The only difficult thing would be making sure it's perfectly centered, etc.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Besides the full car pics, I'm interested in how difficult (or easy) this was to install. Any special tools needed? Any chance this could scratch the paint?
It just sits over top of the "old" antenna. Fastened on by a 3M double-sided adhesive gasket. Can't get any simpler lol. The only difficult thing would be making sure it's perfectly centered, etc.
What 1BadST said, it's just double sided taped on. the hardest part is centering which is why I had my dad help me out with aligning it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I googled their website, they didn't show any products for Ford?
They're not vehicle specific. All you have to do is email them with your information and they'll send you a paypal invoice, pay them and 2 weeks later you'll have a package on your doorstep.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts