Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had a similar product on my Mazda 3 back in 05. Worked the same way and never was there a problem with reception. It was a tad taller though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Looks good! They really should've done these as a factory option, it cleans it up so well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Looks good. I'd be curious how it works if anyone drives in a fringe area outside of the major metropolitan area how reception would be. Being how spread out Southern California is a lot of my favorite stations are quite a few miles away and I can barely keep HD radio from fading in and out (although I prefer without HD on the FM band anyway even that has quite a bit of fade sometimes).

·
Registered
253 Posts
blackbird - I ordered one and would likely be able to tell you, except for the fact that they don't expect delivery until mid-Jan. I live in the SF Bay Area, but my folks live down in Monterey - so I make that drive and have a pretty good sense of where the FM bands start to disappear on my drive down.

If someone else hasn't chimed in again, ping me in Jan. :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
At least on the newer Focus it's at the rear of the roof. I always thought it odd they'd place it right in front of the sunroof opening on my SVT Focus and the old cars where it would invariably cause some minor but noticeable wind noise while driving when the sunroof open (probably done to save money and reduce the amount/length of cable to reach the radio).

·
Registered
392 Posts
Looks clean. However I think the base is too "fat" for my liking. And the price is too high.

Reactions: Martin Gossen

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am in and mine is on order..... We paid how much for our cars..... REALLY

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rp come on man.... Lol

·
Registered
392 Posts
That's a slippery slope. ;)

"If we paid this much for the car, might as well pony up a pretty penny for other things."

·
Registered
778 Posts
I ordered mine earlier this week, so I should have it before Xmas! :D

Considering this is one of only a few minor mods I plan to make on my ST and the fact it comes painted made it worth it to me to spend the $$. This is a mod I had planned on my old focus, but never got around to doing. So I guess the excitement of actually installing one of these on my ST makes it worth it to me as well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I ordered mine earlier this week, so I should have it before Xmas! :D
I doubt it. Mine took 2 weeks to the day to get it so unless you ordered it last week, it'll be after Xmas.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I doubt it. Mine took 2 weeks to the day to get it so unless you ordered it last week, it'll be after Xmas.

I just checked...ordered a week ago today. Time flies!

21 - 40 of 74 Posts