Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WSJ San Francisco Searches

So, this article isn't an article primarily about the Ford Focus ST. However, I did note this small bit of information:

San Francisco isn't the only city influenced by its most well-known industry: Searches for "ford focus" made up a higher proportion of Detroit residents' searches last month, compared with the other cities, ahead of the unveiling this month of the new 2013 Ford Focus ST.
So, if this author from the WSJ knows something, he may have just spilled the beans.

Yes, we are all patiently waiting, and yes, Lisa gives the same answers over and over on the FB page, but it's only 18 days away(April 2nd)!

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
[h=1]Vital Signs[/h]

[h=3]By VAUHINI VARA[/h]To understand just how gadget-obsessed San Franciscans are, compare their Google searches last month with those from other cities. Ahead of this month's launch of Apple Inc.'s new iPad, a higher proportion of searches in San Francisco had "ipad 3" in the search box than in comparable cities in other regions—namely, Houston, New York and Detroit.

On Feb. 29, for example, searches for the gadget reached their peak in San Francisco, giving the search a score of 100 for that day, compared with a score of 81 in Houston, 80 in New York and 74 in Detroit. (For those keeping score: Apple didn't end up giving the new iPad a specific moniker.)
Searches for other gadgets, like the Roku device that streams Internet content through users' TVs, also garnered a bigger slice of the search pie in San Francisco.
San Francisco isn't the only city influenced by its most well-known industry: Searches for "ford focus" made up a higher proportion of Detroit residents' searches last month, compared with the other cities, ahead of the unveiling this month of the new 2013 Ford Focus ST.

Google, which allows users to compare search results by city through its Google Insights tool, doesn't provide underlying search numbers.
I have access to WSJ.com :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Will they just start selling the ST already!!
I am not sure why Ford has to be so secretive. Ford, first, how much? Second, lend the one production model to Inside Line or let Car and Driver take it to VIR so we know how well it performs. How can I know if I want to buy it if you are going to keep everything a secret?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am not sure why Ford has to be so secretive. Ford, first, how much? Second, lend the one production model to Inside Line or let Car and Driver take it to VIR so we know how well it performs. How can I know if I want to buy it if you are going to keep everything a secret?
I'm with you man, when I tell people I'm getting a Focus ST they reply by saying "what's that?" This car should already have reviews and performance #'s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts