Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is clear the Ford website was setup in order from the soonest release to the last release. The Mustang was finally made official which means the Focus ST cannot be too far behind. Will the offcial Ford.com post be April 2nd?

·
Registered
92 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the 2013 Mustang has been able to be ordered since December. I don't think Ford shows the cars on their website until shortly before they start showing up on dealer lots. You probably won't see the ST up there until mid August.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The order banks for the ST are supposed to open up well before August. I would find it hard to believe that Ford would be offering the car for orders but not have it up on the website until delivery time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The order banks for the ST are supposed to open up well before August. I would find it hard to believe that Ford would be offering the car for orders but not have it up on the website until delivery time.
Pssst. I'm the one that broke the news of the 4/2 order bank. The order bank for the 2013 Mustang opened back in December and it's just now on their site 3 months later. So if Ford follows the same pattern, you won't see the "build it now" for several months.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Pssst. I'm the one that broke the news of the 4/2 order bank. The order bank for the 2013 Mustang opened back in December and it's just now on their site 3 months later. So if Ford follows the same pattern, you won't see the "build it now" for several months.
However, I do find it quite coincidental that exactly 2 weeks ago on March 1st, the 2013 Taurus website went live. I would think that the ST website will be updated in about 2 weeks as well. The ST site never had as much information as the Taurus and Mustang website. If you compare the current ST site to the 2013 Fusion site, the Fusion site has better information (even though it is a high volume product).

·
Registered
92 Posts
However, I do find it quite coincidental that exactly 2 weeks ago on March 1st, the 2013 Taurus website went live. I would think that the ST website will be updated in about 2 weeks as well. The ST site never had as much information as the Taurus and Mustang website. If you compare the current ST site to the 2013 Fusion site, the Fusion site has better information (even though it is a high volume product).
The Taurus order bank has been open since November. So the Taurus showed up about 3 1/2 months after the order bank opened. There is a pattern going here. Again, if the pattern continues, you won't see the 2013 Focus line until roughly 3 to 3 1/2 months after the order bank opens. The Fiesta order bank opened 3/5 and they just took the 2011 Fiesta of their site.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Then again... the Escape configurator went up almost right after the production version was shown.

·
Registered
549 Posts
What exactly is an order bank? Something online? If this is opened April 2nd, does this mean we will know all pricing and final spec info on the car?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I think the only thing the dealer gets on April 2nd is an ordering sheet and not much else...

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
No order bank opened on April 2. It was speculation. Didn't happen.

·
4,009 Posts
My sources say (East Coast) no info in their hands at this time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's looking like the order banks should open around the middle of May. So we should expect to see the pricing/order guides in the next few weeks.

·
4,009 Posts
Sure hope so. I've got my order ready but it may change based on pricing. I want what I want but I want to be under 29K if possible for a loaded ST (Silver ST3 with moon roof). If that happens, I'm all in.

What I want to know more about now other than pricing is the rumored option to do a factory tour and pick up of the ST.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Talk to your dealer if you want the exact order and build dates. They do have access to them... if they know where to look :D

I haven't heard anything about the factory tour, but it might be something that gets announced once they actually start production.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey guys - this is the first I've heard about a possible factory tour/vehicle delivery program. That would be a nice option. I'm in Atlanta and I've been to the BMW assembly plant in South Carolina. They've had a delivery program/factory tour program for a while; and owners can choose to pick up their German built cars as well as their US built SUV's/crossover's at the Greer Assembly Plant.

Hope to hear more about this possibility for ST buyers. Although a trip to Michigan (Detroit area?) is not exactly like going to Germany and picking up a 911 (along with a blast down the Autobahn), it still would be fun! :D

·
4,009 Posts
Heck, I had to send my dealership the ST info!

I'd had to order early and miss out on some perks but it's only a rumor I heard floated at one point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm kinda getting sick of waiting. I first learned about the ST last November and ford said it was going to be out early 2013. It's been months and it seems like we are not any closer. I would really like to go ahead and sell my car because i think it will sell best in the spring or summer, but I dont want to go several months with only one car.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts