Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick of seeing all these threads about "delays" etc so I wanted to start a new thread and try to get some positive emotions flowing :) So please stay on topic. :)

So, I was just wondering what people had planned for the first day/week with their new ST when they get it. I plan on taking a short road trip with mine probably the first week. But I'm sure I'll be babying it and giving it a good washing shortly after picking it up from the dealer. So what do you guys have planned? Anyone going to track it on day 1, or just go about stuff is usual?

Reactions: oaxa

·
Registered
617 Posts
"The week I get it?"...Celebrating Christmas. :D

Sorry had to do it.

But seriously, washing/Zaino/detailing it. Then tint and weathertechs. After 500 miles, RP and K&N oil filter. Then finding some curvy roads to play with.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Skipping all my lectures that day (unless I happen to have an exam...), and I'll just drive somewhere. I'll spend the first weekend with it at my cousin's house, where I will wash/wax, and let him try it out.

·
Registered
139 Posts
First thing is an oil change. 5w30 Royal purple is going in it immediately. Then within the first week I plan on doing mainly cosmetic stuff.
Tint windows 5%
Power coat rims gloss black
Black out tail lights
smoke headlights
Get a sound system:)

·
Registered
373 Posts
If I get one (ST3 package, obviously), I will drive the hell out of it, make sure I have plans with friends in both Milwaukee and Chicago, and enjoy the hell out of it. And figure out the best way to have the most music available that is accessible through the head unit.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Let my wife drive so she will shut up about how bad ass the Charger she had as a rental was:ST:

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
That's gonna be a LONG drive. I'm in STL - maybe we should introduce our ST's to each other. On the plus side, you'll have a ton of time to get acquainted with the new wheels. :thumb:
Gonna break it in one day huh?

·
Registered
908 Posts
First thing is an oil change. 5w30 Royal purple is going in it immediately. Then within the first week I plan on doing mainly cosmetic stuff.
Tint windows 5%
Power coat rims gloss black
Black out tail lights
smoke headlights
Get a sound system:)
I'm excited to see the results/methods used. I might consider some of those mods too.

If I get one (ST3 package, obviously), I will drive the hell out of it, make sure I have plans with friends in both Milwaukee and Chicago, and enjoy the hell out of it. And figure out the best way to have the most music available that is accessible through the head unit.
Oh ya! I was going to go visit a friend who I haven't seen for years, now that he's living in Chicago. Might visit an old friend in Milwaukee too.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
First thing is an oil change. 5w30 Royal purple is going in it immediately. ....)
You probably know this but that first oil change you'll be checking the old oil for any possible trouble.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Tint, wax, clear bra, then road trip. Break it in proper then off to the road course. :ST:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Going to buy wind deflector , tint the window ,try out car cover , detail car , take it out to my work and do a photoshots and put on hood rack

·
Registered
685 Posts
If it doesn't require an extended break in (likely, since a 250hp 4 banger isn't likely to be "rough machined"), a drive up PCH to Mulholland Highway, to Topanga Canyon and back.

Though I might pull the wheels off to have them powdercoated matte carbon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Been reading that it's a good idea to get the oil changed after only a few miles on it to get all the crap that initially comes off the engine out of there so I will probably do that before anything else. After that I plan on going out on the back roads for a few hours to see what it can really do.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts