·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What Color Did You Choose?

·
Registered
198 Posts
This is my biggest problem. I have all the paperwork done for my order, I just need to figure out which color I want. I am for sure getting the blue two-tone, but I can't decide whether I want tuxedo black or performance blue. :(

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PB is kicking ass!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Part of me wishes that I went with white. For the simple fact that its a rare color choice for this car. But had to go blue cause it's the fastest color.

·
Registered
130 Posts
White for me matchs my mustang. plus ive always had white cars.

Reactions: DarkBuddha

·
Registered
742 Posts
Oddly, it appears white is much more popular than I expected. I've got pragmatic reasons for choosing white, but also stylistic reasons. Wonder what other folks reasoning is.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Tuxedo black. Going to be harder to keep clean, but I love the look of a black car.
I'd love to get this car in black, as I think it has the most aggressive look of the bunch, but mine will be parked under an oak tree. Would have to wash it daily and then some. Went with Perf Blue instead.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Oddly, it appears white is much more popular than I expected. I've got pragmatic reasons for choosing white, but also stylistic reasons. Wonder what other folks reasoning is.
I ordered mine black. All cars I've owned are black. I wear almost all black. lol I spent about 40 mins last night looking at all the colors together in our lot. I decided I liked white the best. My salesman says I can change it monday. White seemed to show the grill and trim better. Black kinda drowned out all the black features, like the grill, and the headlamps. I also wondered how hard it would be to match the paint if something happened to the car. I loved all the colors though. Red looks awesome! So does the orange, and so does the blue! I even liked silver. lol White was tight though! IMG_20120511_205022.jpg

·
Registered
778 Posts
I ordered mine black. All cars I've owned are black. I wear almost all black. lol I spent about 40 mins last night looking at all the colors together in our lot. I decided I liked white the best. My salesman says I can change it monday. White seemed to show the grill and trim better. Black kinda drowned out all the black features, like the grill, and the headlamps. I also wondered how hard it would be to match the paint if something happened to the car. I loved all the colors though. Red looks awesome! So does the orange, and so does the blue! I even liked silver. lol White was tight though! View attachment 1277
And with nice tinted windows. Ooooh yeah.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ordered mine black. All cars I've owned are black. I wear almost all black. lol I spent about 40 mins last night looking at all the colors together in our lot. I decided I liked white the best. My salesman says I can change it monday. White seemed to show the grill and trim better. Black kinda drowned out all the black features, like the grill, and the headlamps. I also wondered how hard it would be to match the paint if something happened to the car. I loved all the colors though. Red looks awesome! So does the orange, and so does the blue! I even liked silver. lol White was tight though! View attachment 1277
Anyway you can get real world pictures of more colors?

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't do a white car where I live. They rust quicker than any other color. All the road salt they use around here. Friend with a body shop says that the white paint lacks rust inhibitors, and that's why the white cars of the same make and model year have more rust on them than other colors.

·
Registered
778 Posts
So how big a deal is owning a car with black paint? I'm probably a much more casual driver than most of you.
I guess it really depends on how anal you are about scratches, scuffs and general cleanleness of the paint.
For me, I HATE when my paint gets scratches, scuffs or what have you. I can basically tell you where I was when I noticed a particular scratch and I cringe whenever I see them.
But when a black car is clean, nothing looks better.

For me, it has never been regular driving that has caused the "damage" that I notice. It always, always happens when I leave my car parked some place. Some idiot who doesnt seem to care will come along and hit my car with their door, scratch it with their purse, lean on it with those stupid rivets on their jeans or what have you. That's the stuff that irks me to no end. My car was even egged and the dried egg left 3 lovely circles of damage.

I have owned 3 black cars and none of them looked as nice as they did after the first few months of owning them. Granted they still clean u nice, but some of those scratches just cannot be buffed out. Which is why I am buying white this time around. (as much as I want black...I can't do it)

·
Registered
778 Posts
O! And I forgot to mention water spots. I swear we have the hardest waster in SoCal. My poor car has the worst water damage I have ever seen. Before I try and sell it, I am having a guy come out to give it a full detail with some type of chemical wash or something to get it off. No way could I sell it the way it is now. And thank goodness it's on the passenger side so I hardly ever see it, or I would scream.

But, man black just looks fantastic when its clean.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts