Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It occured to me today that I left the dealer with only a pricing sheet and our agreed upon deal sheet. Should I have gotten a pre-order sheet of some sort? Or documentation with projected delivery date? A pre-order number of some sort?

What'd you get upon leaving the dealership?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Typically you get a Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) on the day you order or whenever they submit the order to Ford. It has all the option codes and pricing related to the order including destination, fuel and advertising charge line items. I would make sure to get a copy of this as soon as possible, if they don't have it your car isn't ordered yet. In my case, the dealer's order department was closed for the day when I ordered mine last week, so I went back the next day to make sure they put in the order.

The next business day after the VOC is submitted, the dealer should get a Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA) which is just Ford saying they received the order. It also contains information on any holds on options/body styles. In our case, the P3L (ST) body code is on hold since it is not released to production yet.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a ton for the reply. Good news is that the thing I referred to as a "pricing sheet" appears to be a screen print of the VOC, but I have no idea if they just printed it or if they actually submitted it. I'll call them tomorrow and inquire about the DORA.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
If it says "Vehicle Order Confirmation" with the date and priority on the top you should be good to go (As long as the dealer pushed F4 to submit after printing :thumb:)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Would you be able to get a VOC before the 15th?
A lot of people (myself included) have their VOC in hand as well as their DORA, yes. The 15th is just the day the site goes live to register your contact info on the order for where to send the camera, ST email updates, etc.

Sometimes you have to ask for a copy of it from your dealer. If your car was indeed ordered they have it as well as the DORA.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I got my VOC about 15 min after I hung up the phone with my dealer. It's weird how some dealers are handling this different.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I have my VOC. get that minimally

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called and asked to get a copy of the DORA and got errrs and ummms, and then a "what is it exactly that you want?" Not inspiring, but they said they'd figure it out and get me a copy on Monday. Goodness I hope so.

·
4,009 Posts
VOCs are available but I don't think DORAs will be until the 15th

·
Registered
252 Posts
FWIW, I have a copy of my DORA in hand. It was scanned and emailed to me to sign and fax back the day after I ordered.

·
4,009 Posts
Are you sure it's a DORA? I've ordered in the past and gotten the DORA the next day but my dealer is saying no DORA until the 15th

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Definitely a DORA in hand. Says "2013 DEALER ORDER RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT-FD PAGE 2" ; "DORA PROCESSED 5/4/12" right across the top, followed by all the ST2/color option codes and hold notes due to the P3L (ST) body style. At the bottom it says " ************ END OF DORA *********** ".

Dealer had me sign and date it. I'll be returning to the dealer on 5/15 to confirm they complete the order registration component on the site when it goes live.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Its definitely the DORA, "2013 DEALER ORDER RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT-FD PAGE 12" is the first line, with all the order details following. The sales manager was very willing and well-informed on placing orders in general, and read up on the info from Ford on the uniqueness of the process for this model (I have a post in some other thread I'll try to find for you about this).

I think AGR posted above that the ST3 orders were not being confirmed until 5/15. I don't know where he got that but he seems to be knowledgable generally on this stuff. Mine is an ST2, so maybe that explains it? Good luck to you.

EDIT: looks like he beat me to it, but that seems to confirm it.

·
4,009 Posts
Here's the email I got from my dealer;

Here is a copy of the order for the ST. *We will be able to order verify on
may 15th. *I will send over the verification on the 15th. *

·
Registered
277 Posts
I went in on the 1st to place an order for the ST, I spoke with the sales manager who knows me because I've bought 3 cars from him in 2 years and the conversation is more casual than business.
He told me he would order for me as soon as my salesman was back the next day. Didn't think it was big deal, then he never called me back, claimed he forgot. So I went in and told my salesman what I wanted, but I had some questions regarding MFT and if it was included with ST2, so I lost another couple of days. Well yesterday I went on the Ford Site and saw the dash cam deal, so I called back and demanded he hurry up and place my order which he did over the phone today. We went though and built it, he put in my name and the order code he uses for me every time ( I always order my cars). He hit F4 and stated that he saw it up on the screen that it was confirmed with my name and everything.... But it stated "on hold".

Am I good to go?

I ordered

Performance Blue ST2
Performance Blue interior
Moonroof.

Should I go back and ask for Dora, would he not have it yet?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Got a partial VIN and order number...guess that's something.

Anyone successfully registered on RVOS retail verification system?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Here's the email I got from my dealer;

Here is a copy of the order for the ST. *We will be able to order verify on
may 15th. *I will send over the verification on the 15th. *
Pretty much the same info that I'm getting. I definitely find it interesting how the different dealerships seem to be going about this in different ways. Never ordered a car during preproduction before, so not sure what to expect.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts