Ford Focus ST Forum banner
201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
I am debating on winter tires right now but the Mondeo ST220 wheels can be had for cheap. 7,5X18 5X108 52,5 ET scares me a bit.

Alloy wheel Rim Spoke Wheel Tire

·
Registered
700 Posts
Why would that scare you (ET52.5 vs ET 55 of the stock wheels?
Calipers clearance. I import them and they do not work, I'm stuck with them unless someone with a Volvo/fusion/transit connect wants them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford Hatchback

Ok call me a follower "everybody puts on black wheels and blacks out their car"

Just mounted up the winter skins - Continental Extreme contact DWS on FRPP Matte Black 18x8
( 2012-2014 FOCUS 18" MATTE BLACK WHEEL - M-1007-PF188MB )

Sunday Drive to the lake - Continental's are a lot less forgiving than the stock Goodyear's - pretty much turned "New Blue" into a drift car

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nothing wrong with that, if you like it cool. But for him to say gold wheels with blue is "STI" is lame. So since one car has done it no one else can.

This blue goes great with a nice little darker gold wheel. I will be putting gold wheels on mine when I have time to even mess with it. My car sadly all this year has maybe moved 1k miles.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The gold wheels scream "STi wannabe!" Nobody want's to get labeled like that :p
Wanna be? I like the look, and it is a good color scheme. I dont think it screams anything.
I Google-Imaged "Porsche gold wheels," "Ferrari gold wheels," and "Lotus gold wheels," and he's actually right: WAY too many STi wannabes out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will probably be doing rims in the spring. Will run a winter/all season on stock rims and buy a set of black rims, once there are more options, for my OW with some serious summer sport tires.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm thinking some chrome wheels with the black ST. Everyone's going for these tuner wheels. I've seen some super sick red and black corvettes with trick chrome wheels and they look amazing. The negative is chrome wheels are typically heavy unless you got the money to plate some forged wheels. I really like the BBS in the first post as I've considered them.

201 - 220 of 242 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.