Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out what the important things to do are. My 2013 Focus ST has a Steeda FMIC, short-shifter, 3" MBRP cat-back exhaust, high performance air filter, and the Steeda sound symposer delete. In my research I see that a lot of people are replacing the rear motor mount, I assume this is to give better throttle response, and seems like a relatively inexpensive option. What else is next? What are some tuners that you guys are using? I don't need the most extreme and expensive option, but something that will add some power. Also, I drove 350 miles yesterday on the highway and only averaged 25 mpg, but was able to get much higher than that in town driving carefully. I was kind of hoping that I could increase power with a tuner and also get some better mpgs. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Kinda answered some of your questions with my last thread. One big advantage of a Cobb APV3 is whatever tune you go with at any time you can switch between a fuel saving tune or a performance tune with just a flic of your cruise and + - signs. Cobb said it's safe to do while driving, so I use this all the time! Cheers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jesse. I've also been hearing/reading about the Stratified Automotive tunes. Has anyone on here had experience with these guys?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I haven't, but doesn't mean no one else has. I live in a small town in Missouri, so I'm kinda limited to just shopping Ebay:) trust your gut and do alot of research. You'll find the one for you. One thing to look for is all tune brands want to convince you theirs is best. Read the fine print! Vivid racing has a tune that says it gives 60 HP and 80 tqr. Fine print tells what mods are on the car.EVERYTHING!!! So be careful. Good luck, cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since you've got a 2013, like me, when you get tuned the motor mount is a must. I haven't done mine yet and it's getting unbearable. If you wanna keep it cheap, get an fswerks insert or a newer OEM mount. Or get the dealership to to the TSB for yours, but I haven't personally had any luck.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since you've got a 2013, like me, when you get tuned the motor mount is a must. I haven't done mine yet and it's getting unbearable. If you wanna keep it cheap, get an fswerks insert or a newer OEM mount. Or get the dealership to to the TSB for yours, but I haven't personally had any luck.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. I'm lucky enough to have bought the car from an engineer who had a CFM adjustable motor mount installed, along with the other goodies.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I got a Cobb Rmm. But thanks for the recommendation. I think it's awesome talking to fellow ST owners. This site is great. Good luck bryman13.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts