Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I'd start a thread now that we're getting close to the cars showing up on lots - plenty are finally 'in transit' and retail orders are starting to get VINs/build dates, so we can't be too far off.

Anyway, I assume this will mirror the GT and Focus launches, where dealers aren't going to want to haggle much, so I would suggest going with X-plan, Costco, or the like since that's pretty much the only way people are likely to get it under sticker.

I'll start off, I ordered a PB ST with Recaros, price on the sale sheet is $23,600 (just over invoice), with TTL it will be around $25.5k - NV tax is fairly steep compared to a lot of places, but still better than when I lived in OC.

PS: I saw plenty of dealerships last year, when the FoST was brand new, buying fully loaded models and adding pinstripes, scotchguard, LoJack, VIN etching, the whole enchilada to the cars, and marking them up another $2-3k above MSRP. I would fully expect them to do this to the Fiesta as well. If you go in and they try and sell you a Fiesta ST for $30k+, time to leave. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a bare-bones tuxedo black ST for $21,700 OTD. But I got a discount because the company I work for has a partnership program with Ford.
That seems like a great price...the first dealership around me is getting a black Fiesta ST and the only option is the painted wheels and red calipers. With my xplan they are wanting to sell me that car at 21600 plus TTL....I can get a base Focust ST with a roof for the same price...looks like they could do better but they will have people after that car as it will be the first one in the area. Was really wanting the Fiesta but its hard to pass up the focus for the same price

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a bare-bones tuxedo black ST for $21,700 OTD. But I got a discount because the company I work for has a partnership program with Ford.
That is a pretty amazing price, what part of the country is this in? That's below invoice, if not below holdback. Great deal!

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is a pretty amazing price, what part of the country is this in? That's below invoice, if not below holdback. Great deal!
Upstate NY, but I got that price because the deal the company I work for has with Ford is that the dealer can only sell me the vehicle for 1% over dealer cost. So without tax, title license, delivery fee and what not, I got it for about $19k. I was going to get recaros, which was the only option I somewhat wanted, but I figure I can just get some in the aftermarket if I really want them. I couldn't justify getting the whole package because I just wanted the seats, not the heated seat option or any of the other stuff that comes with it, because this is going to be a mostly summer car for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my bad, didnt even realize i fat fingered the keyboard. it was 22,300. still very good but I got it at the dealership i work at in VA. They had to lower the price to get me approved as a first time buyer, thats why i got it so low

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine stickered for $26,250 and I got it for and event $25K. It had options I would not have selected but I did not want to wait 2-3 months for it.

MO
sunroof
dark wheels
Recaro package (well worth the extra $2k)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got a new White ST for $19000 +tax/lic after rebates and fighting for another $1000 under invoice. I'm in the Los Angeles area and will gladly refer my salesman if interested. It was painless---took about 4 phone calls to make the deal and then only about an hour and a half to come in/do the paperwork/drive away! I'd recently bought a Honda Odyssey for my wife and it was far from painless...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got a new White ST for $19000 +tax/lic after rebates and fighting for another $1000 under invoice. I'm in the Los Angeles area and will gladly refer my salesman if interested. It was painless---took about 4 phone calls to make the deal and then only about an hour and a half to come in/do the paperwork/drive away! I'd recently bought a Honda Odyssey for my wife and it was far from painless...
I'd definitely like your salesman's info! I am in the market and looking for a $19K bare bones car.

Also, I'd love to know how the Veloster Turbo compares to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd definitely like your salesman's info! I am in the market and looking for a $19K bare bones car.

Also, I'd love to know how the Veloster Turbo compares to it.
Absolutely---His name was Mike Wade and I believe he was a fleet guy which explains why it went so easily. I dealt with a salesman and was told no and then Mike called back and got me everything I wanted. If your local here you can come by the shop and check out the car---I'll pull the numbers off the contract and you can just walk it in and set it on his desk. My shops in Torrance at 190th and Hawthorne a few miles from the dealership.

So I've have the Veloster turbo and also recently swapped out the BRZ for the Fiesta. The Veloster by far was the nicest daily driver---the ergonomics/fit/finish/interior etc is much nicer than the Fiesta---the daily comfort of the BRZ isn't in the same league as either the Fiesta or the Veloster. We build performance parts for the cars so we take them all to the track and do testing/development---the Fiesta was actually the fastest at Willow Springs by a good second over the BRZ which was another couple seconds faster than the Veloster---it's also the fastest in a straight line by a good margin. I was super impressed with the fiesta at the track---the ST suspension is pretty good out of the box for your average autoX/track day guy---a bit of push, but able to rotate with a lift of the throttle...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got mine for 11.750 £ which is around about 19.700 USD, due to military discount
St1 with the standard Recaro seats, race red and with the "Style Pack"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts