Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ford offers some, but I like Gorilla Lug Nut locks better. Prevent people from hammering on a socket and getting them off.
Which Gorilla lugs are you talking about? The spline drive or 'System' ones?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yeah, I've thought about getting them but I'm torn as to whether they are worth the hassle.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Despite the fact that they can be defeated by any professional thief, I am thinking about getting the Gorilla Guard Wheel Locks...

Gorilla Automotive Products - Lug Nuts, Wheel Locks, Auto Security, Wheel Accessories

At least they will keep out the crack heads and punks looking for a quick buck, but it certainly will not stop a professional thief.

Josh, what exact size, model number, etc. did you get for your Titanium Focus, as they are probably the same ones the ST will use.

·
Registered
617 Posts
These are the ones I bought.
http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automotive-61631-Acorn-Thread/dp/B000CMJ2QE/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Make=Ford%7C54&Model=Focus%7C679&Year=2012%7C2012&carId=001&n=15684181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=automotive

Despite the fact that they can be defeated by any professional thief, I am thinking about getting the Gorilla Guard Wheel Locks...

Gorilla Automotive Products - Lug Nuts, Wheel Locks, Auto Security, Wheel Accessories

At least they will keep out the crack heads and punks looking for a quick buck, but it certainly will not stop a professional thief.

Josh, what exact size, model number, etc. did you get for your Titanium Focus, as they are probably the same ones the ST will use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I read this post, and I was wondering that if those, wheel locks works for the ST, I have one that is in Mexico Focus ST 2010, so I need to get a good wheel locks, so according the thread the gorilla ones are a good choice or, is there anything else that you would recommend me, and can you point me to where to get it, since I'm in USA, thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Anyone want to give me their stock lug nuts? I end up swapping wheels tires for autox events so much that I always ditch the locking nuts and replace them with a 5th standard one. I know their cheap to buy, but I figured I'd ask since you guys have swapped them :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello Forum! My name is Jon and I am the Sales Manager at Gorilla Automotive :D

Really pleased with all the support and you can be sure that I will post some different lugs/locks for the ST soon. I just got the word from the boss that my company car will be an ST :yay:

Now I just have to figure out if I have the patience to wait for an ST3 or not...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

Really pleased with all the support and you can be sure that I will post some different lugs/locks for the ST soon. I just got the word from the boss that my company car will be an ST :yay:

Now I just have to figure out if I have the patience to wait for an ST3 or not...
Wow on the timing. I just ordered these a little earlier today...

Gorilla Automotive 21133BC Small Diameter Acorn Black 5 Lug Kit (12mm x 1.50 Thread Size) - Pack of 20 : Amazon.com : Automotive

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's a great set of lugs, we don't market them as locks though. I hope you enjoy them!

My suggestion for an ALL lock setup(We call it The System) would be this:

In black chrome (71633NBC):
Gorilla Automotive 71633NBC "The System" Acorn Black Chrome Wheel Locks (12mm x 1.50" Thread Size) - For 5 Lug Wheels : Amazon.com : Automotive

In chrome (71633N):
Gorilla Automotive 71633N "The System" Acorn Wheel Locks (12mm x 1.50" Thread Size) - For 5 Lug Wheels : Amazon.com : Automotive

EDIT: It's been brought to my attention that the factory lug nuts are 3/4" hex. The kits I have listed above come with a 13/16" hex key.

The part numbers for the 2 kits with a 3/4" Hex key are less common, but they are 71433N for the Chrome and 71433NBC for the Black Chrome. It is likely you would need to special order those kits.

I can swap a key for you if you already have the 13/16ths size, or you could use an adapter. Sorry for any confusion!

Send all your lug/lock questions my way if you have any!

·
Registered
534 Posts

Welcome John.

I just put a set of your 21683SD System Locks on my 07 GT500 and love them. Need to get another set for my 03 now. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Jon,
Sorry for the dumb question, but can you clarify that the links you posted to amazon above for part 71633NBC (12mm x 1.50") are for the Focus ST? Amazon's vehicle selector says they do not fit the 2013 focus? (but it's been wrong before) Looking to order this set, it looks awesome. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Jon,
Sorry for the dumb question, but can you clarify that the links you posted to amazon above for part 71633NBC (12mm x 1.50") are for the Focus ST? Amazon's vehicle selector says they do not fit the 2013 focus? (but it's been wrong before) Looking to order this set, it looks awesome. Thanks in advance!
Hi Brian,

Not a dumb question at all!

The data Amazon uses has not been updated with some 2012 and 2013 data for vehicle thread sizes. This is no problem, because Foci have been the same thread size (12mm x 1.50) from the beginning. The factory lug nuts are nearest in overall height to our 1.4" locks, so that would give proper thread depth. The Acorn style of those locks matches most factory and aftermarket alloy wheels.

Happy to help!

Jon

1 - 20 of 40 Posts