Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
skid pad rating? and who does the official?. My guess is it will come in between .90 and .92g's.............

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Aren't the stock tires Eagle F1s?
Not too shabby for Oem

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know Ford is making headway in this area, the new Boss Mustang coming in at a rating of 1.03ish is remarkable. Hopefully the same engineers worked on our sh!t.!

·
Registered
59 Posts
skid pad rating? and who does the official?. My guess is it will come in between .90 and .92g's.............
There is no "official" number. Kind of like 0-60 times, lots of reviewers, magazines, etc like to do testing to publish their results. But there will always be some variation based on conditions, testing equipment, individual driving.

Having said that, the tires themselves should help get a decent skid pad number. It will be better than the Ti model, but it will be tough to get a stock FWD car put up big numbers. I guess .93. But handling is more than just sustained lateral g capability. If the ST has good valving in the shocks, this car could "handle" better than it's skid pad number might reveal.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Skidpad ratings only tell part of the story (just like acceleration and 0-60 times) and slalom numbers are just as important. If I had to guess, though, I'd say our numbers would be pretty high... My guess is .96 on the skidpad.

Then again, the GTI has ratings from .86g-.88g... so we'll have to see

1 - 12 of 12 Posts