Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've seen some nice pictures of led taillight assemblies, just curious where everyone shopped around? It's been a while since I purchased mods or accessories for a car. I think the last time I really was crazy with aftermarket was with my jeep wrangler (big difference I know), and I generally did most of my purchases from one retailer (Quadratec) over the years. I know sometimes the quality for aftermarket can be crappy which I am hoping to avoid. I am still exceptionally green to the ST world, I just picked it up Weds, so I had no idea where people shop for decent equipment. Even though the car is pretty well equipped, I do think Ford could have stepped up their game and included LED taillights, especially being that they did in fact update the assembly for the refresh. What were they thinking?? Opportunity missed in my opinion. As always, thanks for any feedback. :ST:

P.S Has anyone upgraded their rear view mirror to an auto dimming? Is it even possible? Did you have to go through Ford or did you do it yourself? Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
pro tuning lab

·
Registered
903 Posts
P.S Has anyone upgraded their rear view mirror to an auto dimming? Is it even possible? Did you have to go through Ford or did you do it yourself? Thanks!
Yes, buy a GENTEX mirror, Ford Dealers sell them as accessories, but you can buy and install it yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would order either a Gentex, Rostra or Rydeen mirror. I have one on order.

For LED's I normally just add the LED bulbs into the stock housing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For LED's I normally just add the LED bulbs into the stock housing.
I haven't tried this yet with my ST3, but do have experience with LED bulbs with my previous car. That was a 2011 VW Jetta TDI. I bought several bulbs from JDM Astar but the VW was a CANbus nightmare. I imagine that the ST also has the CANbus error messages?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts