Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so we don't have the short-elongated plates like Europeans do so standard license plate mounting position blocks the mean looking grille of the car. I've been looking at the front end of the ST and I just can't seem to figure where the best place would be. Here's an example of a license plate relocator:

wrx.jpg

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm going to go for as long as I can without it. I will let my dealer know ahead of time I do not want them to mount the license plate bracket.
California does require a front plate, but I have never had one and have never been cited for it. So, until I am, I won't have one.
If/when I do need to mount one, I'll probably do something similar to what you posted.

EDIT: lovin' the username!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am curious to see what an American licence plate looks like on the ST...it seems that such a picture doesn't exist yet. I plan on mounting mine front and center, probably where the mounting brackets will be. I know some folks may be concerned about airflow to the intercooler, but there will be plenty, even with the plate on.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm going to go for as long as I can without it. I will let my dealer know ahead of time I do not want them to mount the license plate bracket.
California does require a front plate, but I have never had one and have never been cited for it. So, until I am, I won't have one.
If/when I do need to mount one, I'll probably do something similar to what you posted.

EDIT: lovin' the username!!
I also live in Cali, I will take the tickets if I have too. I already told the dealer if they drill holes to mount the bracket they can forget the deal.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I also live in Cali, I will take the tickets if I have too. I already told the dealer if they drill holes to mount the bracket they can forget the deal.
I'm with you on that "sleepin 4.6" I really dont want to put any plate in front at all!!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Anyone know if it's possible to register a car in a state that you live in, but don't have a license from?

I go to school in Michigan (no front plates), have a Massachusetts (front plates) license.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Remind them when your car comes in. I will also be telling the dealership to not put their Advertisement on the back of the car

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anyone know if it's possible to register a car in a state that you live in, but don't have a license from?

I go to school in Michigan (no front plates), have a Massachusetts (front plates) license.
Michigan is going to ask you for proof that you are a Michigan resident in order to register a car there.

Otherwise everyone would register their cars in Florida or Texas or some other place that doesn't care deeply about emissions, inspections, etc etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I will not be using the front plate as well. I am also in CA. I got a ticket one time with my other car, and this is what I did to get it signed off......

I took the plate, a thick frame and glued them together- then I got a couple of bolts and cut off the heads, and glued them to the front of the frame so it looked like there were bolts in it.....

As soon as I got in the parking lot at the station to have it signed off, I parked in nose first - went to the front of my car and used double sided tape to stick the license plate to the front of my car- then pulled the car as far forward as possible so the nose was almost touching the wall/ stuck in some plants-

Got the ticket signed off, removed the plate again and drove home......

A pain- yes- better then drilling holes in my car- Absolutely!

I wonder if we could use those little tie straps through the grill to put on the license plate for a few minutes if we ever did need to get a ticket signed off?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Michigan is going to ask you for proof that you are a Michigan resident in order to register a car there.

Otherwise everyone would register their cars in Florida or Texas or some other place that doesn't care deeply about emissions, inspections, etc etc.
I've got a Michigan address? Haha, but I'm assuming that that won't be enough...

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I have been so lucky to not have to have a front license plate. I despise them. My wife's Mini Cooper has one of it with the dealer's plate. I mean for the love ! #$%@... They drilled two holes into her bumper for their selfish free advertising.

I like Dreams idea of not putting on even if required. What is the worst that is going to happen? heh

Reactions: jackamick

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have been so lucky to not have to have a front license plate. I despise them. My wife's Mini Cooper has one of it with the dealer's plate. I mean for the love ! #$%@... They drilled two holes into her bumper for their selfish free advertising.

I like Dreams idea of not putting on even if required. What is the worst that is going to happen? heh
You just get a fix it ticket. :)

Just got back from my dealer and he wrote a note on the envelope with all of my order paper work that said "Do NOT mount front license plate racket!!!!!"

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
I guess we are lucky. You just put the plate on and have the ticket signed off with no fine. (as was mentioned above by GNN60GT500)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not mounting one...no way! I'm in California and I believe it's been mentioned that it is a "fix-it" ticket at most. I'm 24, have never used front plates on either of my cars (Mustang/Corvette) and have never faced any real repercussions. One night was used as a tack-on to justify pulling me over to sobriety test me (well that, and a rear license light being out) on Cinco De Mayo, but after I was cleared no such tickets were issued. So I'm supposed to...and most ppl do...but I won't lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I live in PA where we don't need front ones, and if the dealer even thinks about drilling holes or putting up a dealer plate I'm going elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts