Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my, I mean our, ST this past weekend. In Tuxedo Black in the southeast we have to tint the windows.

I am looking at a premium ceramic tint, either Huper Optik or FormulaOne Pinnacle. Thinking FormulaOne for a better value and at 30%.

What do you guys think? Post your pics of your tint and the type so people, and me :), can have some comparisons to consider.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I plan on doing 20% with my Tuxedo Black. I'm not sure on the brand but will let you know in 3 weeks when I hopefully do it/get my car.

Oh and welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Still waiting for my connection to get back to me. Here in ca they screw with you if you have the front done. But seeing as its a new car they might not as bad. Either way I wanna make sure I get someone that knows what their doing. If you look on the inside of the door on the ST's the window goes up past the molding on the door, so its not just simple cut and paste. I dont need scratches up on my nice new car lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just finished scheduling for 33% on Thursday. Decided on FormulaOne Pinnacle b/c it was $100 less than the Huper Optik which is supposed to be really good but for $100 I will take a slight step down :!: l will take pics before and after to share.

Any reason not to go this route? Would love to see pics of your ST with tint.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had my blue ST tinted today.
I had them do a medium (~30%) all around that is legal in Illinois.
I picked it up after dark. But will try to get a picture or two up soon.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I haven't got my Oxford White ST2 yet, but when it shows up, I plan on getting 15% all around, and a white strip on the top of the windshield.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I plan on doing 20% with my Tuxedo Black. I'm not sure on the brand but will let you know in 3 weeks when I hopefully do it/get my car.

Oh and welcome to the forums!
Please post a pic when you get it. I've been curious what % to go for when I get my Tuxedo Black ST.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I don't expect my ST3 until November, but my current plan is to get 3M Crystalline 70 all around, except 40 on the moonroof and 90 on the windshield. I've also been considering putting 90 on the rear lights. Has anyone else tinted the rear lights before? If so, how did it look and how long did it last?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Golf sierra, how does the 30 look? I'd almost like to go darker bit am afraid of the di## cops out there with nothing better to do.
Please post up pics,

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just to make a comment here, if you plan to track your car, you might want to keep the tint on the lighter side. You're likely not to pass inspection if it's too dark, even 30% can cause track officials issues trying to see you in your car. Some places might not care, but its a gamble.

I got a quote over the weekend to do all my windows in llumar air80, its a light blue tint that cuts heat by 50% and UV by 99%. Im not sure yet how it will turn out though on my race red?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Amazing that there are light films out there that cut UV by 90%, yet they're not applied stock from the factory...

Anyway, this thread DEMANDS pics!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't expect my ST3 until November, but my current plan is to get 3M Crystalline 70 all around, except 40 on the moonroof and 90 on the windshield. I've also been considering putting 90 on the rear lights. Has anyone else tinted the rear lights before? If so, how did it look and how long did it last?
I saw a post from someone that did tint their ST's rear lights but can't remember where the post was and search doesn't help. Hopefully they see this post and can weigh in but must be someone who can help with the question on durability.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'd really like to tint my lights, but I'm afraid that it would end up being just one more reason the cops have to pull me over.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Please post a pic when you get it. I've been curious what % to go for when I get my Tuxedo Black ST.
Will do. I get a pic today of my GF's 09 silver focus. It has 20% just so you can see a reference.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts