Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
View attachment 2176 View attachment 2177 View attachment 2178 View attachment 2179 View attachment 2180 View attachment 2181 View attachment 2182

I attached pictures of my black ST2. Someone please let me know if they work, if I did something wrong, or if I broke any rules!!

More pictures will follow, and once I get my dash cam, videos will be posted consistently to youtube!
Did you get a front license plate mount? I'm still not clear where where they mount. Hope it's not in the middle of the grill.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, I spent 3 hours on Woodward Avenue last night. (That's where the Dream Cruise is, for non-Michiganians). It was absolutely packed with classic muscle cars and modern pony cars, with some ricers scattered throughout.

I am not a proponent of street racing, speeding, or breaking any laws, nor have I ever done any of those things. that being said, the Focus ST seems to be faster in a quarter mile than the following:

Dodge Magnum V8 6.1L
Mustang GT 4.6L (quite embarrassingly I stalled at a light with this guy the first time - driving these is much different than driving LS2 cars!)
BMW 335 (unknown engine)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not get a license plate mount, as Michigan doesn't require front license plates. Let me go take a look at the front fascia, and I'll see how things will go together...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the post! Can't wait to take mine out on Woodward! That's impressive, the 335 is fast, my mom had one with Dinan software and the thing was a beast!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This car surprises me every time I drive it (all day yesterday and a morning cruise this morning, 300 miles so far lol). it's the best stock turbo vehicle i've ever felt. i was not expecting this much pull.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
front grille pics

here is the front grille closeup (i apologize for my reflection being in there). I don't see any place predetermined for putting the license plate or a license plate holder on. The standard focus (any focus owner, please correct me if i'm wrong) and the 2013 escape (front grille based on the focus) have dimples in the front that are aligned with bosses for self-tapping screws. this does not have those.

my suggestion would be to find (or order from ford if you have too much money) the self tapping screws they use on the regular focus, and make your own bracket. parts of the grille are 'filled in', and using some rubber grommets you could screw in a license plate with no issues.

i've attached a photo of the grille, and one with lines showing where the grille is filled in, in case it's not clear. i'll investigate next week how dealers intend to put front plates on.

-jay-

Screen Shot 2012-08-25 at 11.18.13 AM.jpg photo.jpg

if anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. i'll research it to the extent that i can, and try to give answers and suggestions!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Your pictures came through just fine. How can you be on-line when you have this thing in your hands??? I had a 05 Roush Mustang Sport with the 4.6L no charger, and to think the ST is as quick or better is awsome! I'm thinking my "pre-ordered" Race Red ST2 is just around the corner and I'm getting a chubby waiting for it!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your pictures came through just fine. How can you be on-line when you have this thing in your hands??? I had a 05 Roush Mustang Sport with the 4.6L no charger, and to think the ST is as quick or better is awsome! I'm thinking my "pre-ordered" Race Red ST2 is just around the corner and I'm getting a chubby waiting for it!!!!
great point! time to hit the road!

·
Registered
66 Posts
here is the front grille closeup (i apologize for my reflection being in there). I don't see any place predetermined for putting the license plate or a license plate holder on. The standard focus (any focus owner, please correct me if i'm wrong) and the 2013 escape (front grille based on the focus) have dimples in the front that are aligned with bosses for self-tapping screws. this does not have those.

my suggestion would be to find (or order from ford if you have too much money) the self tapping screws they use on the regular focus, and make your own bracket. parts of the grille are 'filled in', and using some rubber grommets you could screw in a license plate with no issues.

i've attached a photo of the grille, and one with lines showing where the grille is filled in, in case it's not clear. i'll investigate next week how dealers intend to put front plates on.

-jay-

View attachment 2184 View attachment 2183

if anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. i'll research it to the extent that i can, and try to give answers and suggestions!
Thanks Jay. Can't tell too much here. I've already told my dealer not to mount any brackets until I have had a chance to check it out. Now go enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Jay - great looking car; and congratulations and good luck! When a black car is clean, it sure looks great. Keep the hose and soap pail close. :LOL:

A quick question - I know that Ford spent a great deal of time on the sound symposer (or whatever they call it) for interior ambient sound, but what does the exhaust sound like outside the car. I think I remember reading in the Car & driver review that they remarked how quiet it was outside the car (something to do with Europe's stringent drive-by noise requirements). :(

Hopefully it's not too quiet. One of the fun things about the original Focus SVT's is their distinct exhaust note. I hope that Ford didn't lose too much exhaust sound due to the European standard.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Exhaust sound?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Exhaust sound?

Chad:

Quoting directly from the September issue of Car & Driver (which has the Focus ST on the cover):

"Armed with 250-plus horsepower and an electronic halter to restrain torque steer, the Focus ST aims to dethrone the Volkswagen GTI as the definitive practical performance car. Not that you'd notice when hearing its exhaust, which complies with Europe's stringent drive-by noise requirements. It might be even quieter than the regular Focus on our roads."

Note: this review is Fords press preview that took place in Europe.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
i agree. it's physically hot as well! we just bought a 2013 Escape, white with the light interior, and theres a huge difference in the temp when you get in! it was 90+ degrees out yesterday, and when i got in i couldn't touch the steering wheel for a few minutes!
Sounds like some tint is in order.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts