Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With X plan pricing now available, there's been a lot of confusion. To clarify some of the misinformation out about dealer doc fees, I got this directly from Ford's partner website:

fordpartner.com said:
Document Fees
Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $100 in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.

Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $100 for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.

Doc Fee Charges should be detailed on the AXZD Plan Pricing Agreement located in number 4.
Seems fairly clear that almost no matter what your state's laws might say, you the customer should pay no more than $100 for doc fees. Don't let dealers try to snow you!

·
Registered
495 Posts
correct, if the laws prevent them to a lower amount (i.e. 50$) than the law supersedes. No matter what though, they can't charge more than 100$. If they argue this (and most will argue it vehemently) they are flat out wrong and you can not and should not relent.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My dealer charged me $129 for doc fees for my Xplan...looks like they are going to be refunding me :)

Thanks for posting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts